Programme Manager, Forests
Title: Programme Manager, Forests
Report to: Practice Head (Forests)
• Lead the portfolios of sustainable forest management, forest&landscape restoration,and protected area issues within WWF China forest practice, and serve as a China focal point of global initiatives to maintain the close communication with key WWF network offices;
• Act as key account manager for donor-supported projects and maintain the regular interactions with sponsors;
• Develop and implement a comprehensive project strategy and coordinate the implementation team timely delivered in accordance with the workplan. This also includes program planning, budgets and expenditures managing, project progress monitoring, financial reporting etc.
• Build, and maintain the strong relationship with key governmental agencies, particularly National Forestry and Grassland Administration (NFGA), research institutions and NGOs to create the collective efforts to reach the WWF’s conservation goal.
• Support the Practice Head to develop andimplement priority project under WWF’s conservation strategy towards to 2025.
• Lead fundraising actions together with fund raising team of WWF China in the mentioned areas, incl. identifying the funding gap, building relationships with potential donors from both public and private sector, and developing proposals and reports etc.
• Performs otherduties as assigned.
• High familiarity with sustainable forest management, forest&landscape restoration, and protected area topics;
• Good understanding of China’s forest legal framework and policy environment;
• Excellent knowledge and experience on forest certification, esp. FSC;
• At least 5 years working experience in the related field;
• A Bachelor’s orabove degree relevant to natural resources management or bioscience;
• Excellent oraland written communication skills in English;
• Able to meetdeadlines, and effectively prioritize under time constraints in the face ofdynamic administrative, budget and political parameters;
• High-level ofinterpersonal, diplomatic and negotiation skills, and ability to interface andcollaborate effectively with internal and external partners and organizations;
• Experienceworking with environment NGO organization in the forest related areas;
• Adhere to WWForganizational values;
He/she needs to
• Report to ForestPractice Head;
• Interactsregularly with other practices/team of WWF-China;
• Work with WWFNetwork staff.
• Frequent contactwith external partners, e.g. corporates, NGOs, and associations etc.
The position is for Forests Practice, WWF China.Forests started since from 1996 in. Now it covers topics like forest and landscaperestoration, sustainable forest management, green supply chain management,China’s responsible overseas investment, and sustainable consumption.
• Candidatesshould send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CVin English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@evgstudios.com.
• Please indicatethe position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and pleaseindicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.